Academic Wilds respects your privacy. We will never disclose your information, identity, or any of your content to third parties, unless required to do so by law.
2. Grant of a limited license to use the Service.
3. Requirements to maintain your license to use the Service.
At all times that you use the Service, you agree that:
- a) you are registered or were registered within the last year at a higher educational institution, which includes a University, a College, a Technical Institute, a Continuing Studies Institution, but does not include a grade school, an elementary school, a high school, or any other kind of school which does not grant a diploma, certificate or degree (an "Institution");
- b) you will maintain access to your official Institution email address;
- c) you will not give out your username and password, or allow anyone other than yourself to use your account;
- d) you will not engage in academic misconduct, as defined by the Institution(s) identified above with which you are/were registered within the past year, in connection with the use of the Service;
- e) you will not misrepresent yourself either through your profile information or in the content that you post or upload;
- f) you will not upload content that you know to be infringing;
- g) you will not engage in any other prohibited conduct which includes:
i) positing of unacceptable content including: pornography, hate speech, violent speech, false and misleading information, advertising, viruses or other malicious content; ii) unacceptable conduct including, stalking, harassment, abuse, or any other conduct prohibited by law;
When you upload content to the Service, you grant Academic Wilds a non-exclusive, worldwide, sub-licensable license to that content. The license is revoked when you delete the content, however, the content will remain on our servers for a period of time after it is deleted by you (similar to your computer's recycle bin).
Academic Wilds will not actively filter, assess, weight, value, or otherwise consider user-uploaded content unless it is flagged by users of the Service.
Academic Wilds will not consider the copyright or lack thereof in any content whatsoever, even if it is flagged by users of the Service. For copyright infringement claims, the formal process identified HERE must be followed. Even when the formal process is followed, Academic Wilds will not consider the content in question. If the all of the requirements of the formal process are met, Academic Wilds will merely give notice to the potential infringer of the claim.
Academic Wilds will not delete content based on copyright infringement claims.
6. Termination of Account.
7. No Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
Academic Wilds provides the Service for your use on an "as-is" basis, and does not provide any warranties, express or implied.
Academic Wilds is not responsible for any damages that you may suffer as a result of your use of the Service. You agree to indemnify Academic Wilds from any claim, demand, damages, and/or fees from a third party in connection with your use of the Service.
Any disagreement between you and Academic Wilds that arises as a result of your use of the Service must first be attempted to be resolved by contacting us here. If this fails, you agree to enter into mediation and/or arbitration before commencing any court proceeding.
9. Choice of Law.